Sunday, February 28, 2010

Week #27 A Different Tack

This, as you can see, is no haiku.  In the throes of making some decisions, I did decide to use this other form of poetry based on syllables for this week's piece.  It's called a Fib, from Fibonacci.  The form is that the syllables in a line must follow the Fibonacci sequence, that is, 0,1,1,2,3,5,8,etc.  Each number is a combination of the two preceding numbers.  The form is only about 4 years old and I love it because playing with the form is what got me into writing poetry.  You can find out more about it at http://www.poetryfoundation.org/

I actually wrote the poem in 2009, but I was reworking it for a class, so it's been in my head.

Somehow being at the half-way point of the Time Project seems significant to me and is leading me to think/obsess about the direction to go from here.  I'm still not sure, but using a related form seemed right.  Kay Dolezal

No comments: