Sunday, May 09, 2010

Week #37 for Time Project

This piece needs some background.  I learned about the Kanellos, greek protest dogs, on the Internet and kept thinking about them after seeing the photos on the Newsweek and Guardian web sites.  They seemed somehow to embody a peaceful, even playful spirit, which seems so absent in our present day world - at least as shown in "the media".  At any rate, I spent a lot of time making a piece using two of the photographs as part of the haiga.  But then I felt uneasy about the ethics and legality of using them, even in part.  So this is my resolution.  I'm hoping that this link to the Newsweek site will work, so you can see them.   Also I learned on google that kanellos means cinnamon in greek. http://photo.newsweek.com/2010/5/greek-protest-dogs.html 

Kay Dolezal

No comments: